FundsIndia offers unparalleled value-added services in a power-packed online platform that had never been envisaged in India before. Some of the value-added services offered by FundsIndia are:
1. Money Mitr – FundsIndia kick-started the country’s first robo-advisory service through ‘Smart Solutions’ – a service that offered systematic investing for different goals. Now, Smart Solutions has been revamped to develop the revolutionary automated investment service – ‘Money Mitr’. Money Mitr goes beyond the traditional long-term SIP portfolio design followed by traditional robo-advisory services to address all the investment requirements an investor may have. Using this service, investors can invest in a lump sum manner, as well as make investments across multiple time-frames. Such a comprehensive, automated advisory service is the first of its kind in India.
2. Trigger-based Investing – With FundsIndia, investors can set investment triggers based on the performance of the Sensex, portfolio returns and a particular Net Asset Value (NAV). Different trigger actions like switching investments, investment, or redemption (partial or full) can also be set depending on the financial targets and goals of the investor.
3. Value-averaging Investment Plan (VIP) – FundsIndia holds the distinction of being the first financial services platform in India to offer Value-averaging Investment Plans (VIPs) to investors. With this service, investors can invest more when markets are low and less when markets are high. The platform also offers Value-averaging Transfer Plans (VTP) to investors. With this tool, investors can fund investments with existing investments that are available in another scheme of the same fund family, instead of using a bank account. These methods promise better returns than SIPs, while allowing investors to maintain the same risk level.
4. Variety of SIPs – FundsIndia offers a variety of SIPs: Step-up SIP, Flexi-SIP and Alert SIP. The Step-up SIP service is useful for investors who would like to gradually increase their contribution towards a particular financial goal. The Flexi-SIP service allows an investor to change the investment amount on a monthly basis, depending on his affordability or market conditions. The Alert SIP service allows investors to invest in SIPs without an ECS mandate.
5. Portfolio X-Ray – FundsIndia, in collaboration with MorningStar, provides the Portfolio X-Ray service that gives an investor a personalised report of his investment portfolio – asset allocation, investment style, stock sectors, regions of the world where his investments are spread across, top 10 holdings and just about everything he needs to know about his portfolio.
6. SIPs on ETFs – With FundsIndia, you can set up SIPs on ETFs. ETFs have a significantly lower expense ratio and by investing in them through SIPs, investors get the added advantage of investing in the stock market in a systematic manner.
7. Equity Baskets – FundsIndia’s Equity Baskets are a customised mini-portfolio of equities handpicked by the Equity Research Department of FundsIndia. Investors seeking to invest in large-cap and mid-cap stocks can opt for this service. It constitutes stocks with an established track record of high quality corporate governance.
8. FundsIndia Academy – FundsIndia Academy (FIA) is a FREE personal finance awareness initiative by FundsIndia. Unlike other such initiatives available online, FIA is not just a set of videos and essays. It is a comprehensive personal finance course that one can complete to achieve fluency in managing money. At the end of the course, participants will get a certificate signifying the completion of the course. Access the academy via http://www.fundsindia.com/academy